not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Waves AND Waterfall ... BAH.


Super fun surf session out front of Low Tide in the AM followed by a huge FISH TACO feast back at the casa. Some beers for the boys and a banana leche for me, then a fun, mellow evening session out front. Surfed til the sun went down, then showered up, dressed up and got ready for Soda Mary Monday Night Live. It was nice to be clean and in some nice clothes, I've been sandy and bumming it around in beat up t's. Playing at Monday Night Live was myself, channin, JD, ricky and mike. Wooohooo, great times. The place was packed -- news has spread about our Monday evenings. There were dogs everywhere, people everywhere, beer cans everywhere, and GUACAMOLE (thanks to Jeni, MmMmMm). I will upload some pictures later.

Woke up at 5am, made coffee, then Adam, Ozzie and I went down to the "soda mary secret spot". We scored some really fun waves, just the three of us, for about 2 hours. We surfed until dead.low.tide. The walk in was interesting. Adam had on reef booties, but Oz and I weren't so lucky. And as soon as Adam said that there were NO sea urchins, we looked down and sure enough, there were THOUSANDS of them. We walked very, very, very carefully. I feel like our walk in was as long as our surf session was. Hahaha. Lucky for me though Adam was kind enough to carry my longboard. If he hadn't I would never have made it. We stopped halfway on our walk home to Margaritas for a desayuno of scrambled eggs, gallo pinto, plantains, cafe con leche and jugo de mora (blackberry juice). We waddled back, stuffed, to the house and now everyones scrambling to get ready for the WATERFALL. Pat, Suzi, Jeni, Ozzie, Adam, myself and a few of Pat's friends are all heading up. Wooohooo. I'm sure that we will take some good photos today, so I'll post those later as well.

Sorry for those of you who are in the NorthEast, getting shit on by this snowstorm. Bah. Pura Vida.

2 comments:

  1. Hey where the hell are the wave shots Callahan! I mean party this, fun that, great food here, beautiful sunsets on a tropical beach there. Who cares! Show me some surf pics!

    HAHAHAHAH!

    Just kidding, Im not remotely jealous:)

    But Seriously......... the waves?

    -Jeffro

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah. everyones too busy SURFING to take wave pics!!! no one will sit on the beach and take em!

    ReplyDelete