not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Soda Mary Live


Last night we had a fiesta fiesta at Soda Mary. It was the first night in Costa Rica that I have really put down some beer...AND fried chicken. It was Marias, adam's tica girlfriend and our neighbor, sisters' 21st birthday last night, so Larry (that lives here at the soda) decided to throw her a birthday party: cake with candles and FRIED CHICKEN. Those of you who know me KNOW that I hate eating anything off the bone. I just can't get down with it, and really I'm not that successful, always leaving a bunch of meat on the bone. Well, I was ravenous so I figured that I would have one piece of Larry's fried chicken. Well about 10 pieces later Adam started to make fun of me for being a fried-chicken-eating-machine. Ha. It was so delicous. So so SO delicious. If I only eat fried chicken once in my life, I'm glad that it was Larry's. Kudos, chef. Also in attendance was the whole family from next door, the soda crew (adam, les, larry, brett, mike, pat, nico, michele, thoralf, brian, Jeni, suzanne) and few others. Damn it was fun. I was playing guitar and legend mike was RIPPING - jamming from the depths of his soul, on harmonica. Little kids were dancing, people were tapping their feet, and Les sat in his rocking chair - beer in hand - happy as a clam. There were dogs and puppies and unfortunately for the cat, one cat. ha. Such a fabulous time, such a fabulous (dysfunctional) family that we've become. We were all sad though that Shawn wasn't here, so the birthday party turned hootenany, turned into a Shawnie-Lovefest. Ha.

I couldn't have been THAT drunk because after almost 2 weeks of trying to figure out how to set the alarm on my watch I finally was successful...unfortunately it worked, going off at 5am. Yes, I slept with my light on again. Laugh it up. I woke up at 3am again...was awake for an hour, staring at the illuminated ceiling.

Downstairs now, having BIALETTI with mike, adam, brett and michele. Getting ready to head to Panama for a few days with Les and Adam. I hope they don't mind - I kind of invited myself, but I'm sure that they will be thankful for one more person to bicker with (the pair of them bicker like two old ladies). We are going to take the bus down, then rent a car - sans boards. This is a fun, culture trip. If the waves are really good then we will rent boards, but otherwise we are just cruisin around.

PURA VIDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment