not all who wander are lost.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Scared of the Dark.

Fast-forward to 3am...me asleep in a room alone, with the light on because I couldn't get myself to turn off the light before I went to bed. I was exhausted and tried to stay up as late as I could until I just passed out. I almost walked across the hall and knocked on Nico, Michele and Thoralf's room but even that was just a bit too low for me. "Excuse me, can I sleep in your room tonight because I'm scared of the dark?" hahahahaha. I'm SURE that they would think it was some kind of joke. Finally at 4am, I turned the light off and slept for an hour in the dark. So brave!! I have something they call "grow-up-youre-not-a-child" disease. All of the fears that you are supposed to grow out of by the time you are 10, sometimes earlier, I just have not.
-being in a house alone
-the dark (outside and inside)
-water and sharks
-not being able to get ahold of mom and dad
-not being able to get to the internet (ok, this may not have been the case for OUR generation of internet users, but im sure a 10 year old nowadays would fear being away from A.I.M or something).

anyways...you get my drift. im a little bitch, and this year for my birthday i have only one wish - to finally be a big girl and be able to sleep in my own bed, in my own room, in the dark!! hahaha. bah. sad but true.


We had such a great time at the Caribbean, but I am so glad to be back home at Soda Mary. This morning I had my first Bialetti Americano in a week, and it is looong looong overdue. I am cherishing each and every sip. MmMm, SO good. Brett was definitely stoked to see us last night, we are like family and he has had an empty nest. No Cam, No Todd, Noah and his lady moved to Hermosa and there's no stragglers...just him and Larry. I turned him into a blogging fiend: check it out, http://sodamarysurfteamcostarica.blogspot.com Which brings me to the fact that the internet-junky within me is soooo so so so thankful for having the internet at our own house. Woohoo!!

Finishing my coffee then heading to Bejuco I believe for some surf.
Write more later, but in the meantime check out the photos:



Here are caribbean photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=205742&l=5330f&id=653500240

No comments:

Post a Comment