not all who wander are lost.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Sleeping Sound with the Lights OFF.

I slept with the lights OFF last night!! Yay. This was (partly) because I have a new roommate. Her name is Amber. She is a hiker from Montana. She is also on my Costa time...waking up around 5am and going to bed rather early, so it's a match made in heaven. We are going to take her surfing with us today. Teach her some moves!

Woke up at 8am today, though. The latest that I have slept, ever, in Costa Rica. I woke up at 3, then 4, and then was awake from 5 til 6 - begging the sleep gods to just let me have a bit more shut eye. Today is going to be HOT. I'm talking HOT. So I knew that taking a nap in the afternoon was out of the question, unless I planned to sweat to death. And the tide isn't til later today, so early A.M. surfing is out. Thankfully I fell back to sleep around 6 and got another two hours. Thank you thank you thank you. When I woke up, Cam was just coming back from the new Soda in town. Well, it was there before and no it is reopened. And it is CHEAP, so it is obviously my new favorite restaurant. Cam and I are going to get lunch there today. She is having some fresh fish some in - and a fish casado (rice, beans, salad and meat typically) is 1800 colones...thats 3 bucks - AND it includes juice, fresh Pineapple juice. MmMmM. Hooray for cheap soda's!

Shawn (my boyfriend) is going out on a date today with Doreen (my mom). Lunch and a movie. I'm glad that the two of them are keeping eachother company because I know that they both miss me terribly (they DO! I know, it's crazy...).

Finished FRANNY & ZOOEY today. I will blog about that later. It needs some love and affection considering the post.

JUST got off the phone with my friend Suzanne. She's so great, and I'm so glad to be her friend. She is going into Jaco today around noon for their veggie market - and then she has to run some errands, so she invited me along! Hooray! I don't really love Jaco or anything, but its nice to visit for an hour or so. Then she invited me to a party at a house here in Esterillos. It starts around 3 and it's drinks and food. It'll be a cool way to meet some of the (other) locals around here. Woohoo, so on that note - I gotta go right now. Going to hop in the water and get in a quick surf before my day of fun.

Pura VIda.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love reading about your days, I hope this isn't the first sign I'm beginning to live vicariously through you though. I am taking some pics of the back today and I'll send some to you! miss you terribly, xoxoxo julisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, we keep each other company while your are enjoying yourself without us!

    ReplyDelete