- Can of Garbanzo beans
- Can of Kidney beans
- Can of Black beans
- A bunch of Kale (the more the better...it is soooo good)
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 shallots (or one small yellow onion)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Dried oregano + basil (one teaspoon each)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Salt and Pepp (to taste)
- Vegetable Broth (I prefer BETTER THAN BOUILLON concentrate as opposed to the boxes)
In the pot that you will be making the soup in, drizzle a fair amount of EVOO. Dice the shallots and the garlic and throw into the pot to sautee. Put all of your beans in a colander and rinse, rinse, rinse. Once they have been rinsed throw them into the pot. Pour in vegetable broth and seasonings. Dice a huge handful of fresh parsley, add to pot. Pull the kale off of the ribs and dice, add to pot. Enjoy!!!
I like EXTRA kale in mine, and I like it extra spicy. So before I would heat up each bowl I would add an extra handful of kale. It doesn't need to "cook down" or anything, it tastes great just as is. Also, those beans just so happened to be what I had around the house - use whatever you'd like!