not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Melting Into Music.

Today I was feeling really alone...like I'm not quite sure where my place is. I did some chi qong to try to center and ground. I meditated to find some stillness. I rebel yelled to get rid of all the anxiety. I breathed through alternate nostrils until I nearly fainted in an attempt to chill.out. Wandering is still heavy in my heart and home feels very far away. After a full day I got home and laid on the couch, and though I'm not really a tv person I just wanted to completely tune out and turn off. I watched the final few episodes of Shameless, which was amazing, but the highlight was the song that played during the finale. It was "Ends of the Earth" by Lord Huron. The music itself fit my solemn sad mood, and the lyrics captured and summed up my heart. So amazing how powerful music can be. Check him out. I've been listening to him on spotify for over an hour now and I want to melt into the music...it's *that* good. 

"There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music." 
― T.S. Eliot

  • Ooh, ooh

    Oh, there's a river that winds on forever
    I'm gonna see where it leads
    Oh, there's a mountain that no man has mounted
    I'm gonna stand on the peak

    Out there's a land that time don't command
    Wanna be the first to arrive
    No time for ponderin' why I'm-a wanderin'
    Not while the

    To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
    There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see
    To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
    If you will have a say my goodbyes to me

    Oh, there's an island where all things are silent
    I'm gonna whistle a tune
    Oh, there's a desert that size can't be measured
    I'm gonna count all the dunes

    Out there's a a world that calls for me, girl
    Headin' out into the unknown
    Well if there are strangers, and all kinds of danger
    Please don't say I'm going alone

    To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
    There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see
    To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
    Well if you want, I will say my goodbyes to me

    I was a-ready to die for you, baby
    Doesn't mean I'm ready to stay
    What good is livin' a life you've been given
    If all you do is stand in one place

    I'm on a river that winds on forever
    Follow 'til I get where I'm goin'
    Maybe I'm headin' to die but I'm still gonna try
    I guess I'm goin' alone
LORD HURON - "ends of the earth"

No comments:

Post a Comment