not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fresh Fish Perfection.

I have FINALLY learned how to cook fish like my Dad. He not only was a Captain (he had a hundred mile hundred ton captains license), but he was also a Cook! My mom and I have tried to replicate how he had cooked fish for many years....without success. This is shocking actually because both my mom and I are kickass in the kitchen. Whenever my dad would cook the fish in a skillet, I'd be yelling at him that he's burning it (he would walk away and putz outside or watch tv), but he always told me to leave it alone, don't touch it, and it always turned out perfect. So last night, I practiced "patience"... I left it alone and didn't touch it. And goddamn, it was perfect and delicious!

  • Flounder Filets
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cayenne
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Garlic powder
  • Lemon
  • Coconut Oil Spray

Spray the skillet and turn it to a med/med high heat. Rinse your fish and *pat it dry*. Sprinkle with seasonings. Place the fish seasoned side down into the pan. Season the bare side that's facing up. Walk away. For like atleast 5 minutes. Walk outside or into the other room so that you aren't tempted to fuss with it. Then come back and the fish is ready to flip...and it won't fall apart. Again- walk away. Voila. Finish it off with some lemon juice and chopped flat leaf parsley. BĂȘte Avon.

No comments:

Post a Comment