not all who wander are lost.

Friday, June 21, 2013

All Around Me.

Today my Dad was ALL around me. I could feel it when I woke up this morning, and it only got more pronounced as the day continued...

I went to Gabrielle Bernsteins speakeasy this afternoon. Gabby is a New York Times best selling author, a kickass Kundalini goddess and just an all around amazing person. Her lecture started off with some meditation to center us all and connect us, and it ended with some kundalini as well. But in between our final two kriyas and chanting Ong Namo Gurudev Namo, she had started blaring SHAKE IT OUT by Florence and the Machine through the speakers. Well for those of you who read the blog- you KNOW how much this song means to me and how connected it is to this past year and the passing of my Dad. Such a powerful song. So as several hundred of us were shaking out all of our negative energy, vigorously shaking, we then started to add in some screaming and shouting. Gabby didn't know it but Florence, Rebel Yelling, Shaking and crazy Kundalini are some of my favorite things--- and the combination helped me to remember, honor, and digest emotions concerning my favorite man. Needless to say I was bawwwwwling my eyes out, literally buckets of tears. One of Wanderlusts photographers snapped a photo of me in my moment of despair and grief, and (go figure) it was on Instagram shortly thereafter. At first I was embarrassed that this photo was out there for thousands to see- but...it's my truth. I am every bit as vulnerable and broken as that photo shows...but as Gabby said, these low lows are actually divine opportunities for spiritual growth. Such an amazing afternoon and amazing woman. 

All in all, Gabrielle is a goddess with a powerful message. Live well, Serve well. God bless. 

"Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through and be silent. Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form."


― Rumi

Bryna, Jaime and Me. 


SHAKE IT OUT, SHAKE IT OUT


Me and Gabby Bernstein


Yep, thats me...bawling my eyes out as I shake it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment