not all who wander are lost.

Monday, June 17, 2013

(Candida) Coconut Cream of Broccoli

This soup is freaking delicious...but it didn't start out like that, that's for sure! I love soup, and I've been experimenting with some candida friendly recipes. I'm trying to figure out Almond/Coconut milk, and thought that a broccoli combo could be good. In retrospect I think it would work best with cauliflower but this soup is bowl-licking good, so I'm happy. I served it to my friends tonight and they agree...so give it a go! 

Steam broccoli 
Drain
Add one bunch of scallions 
Salt and pepper (lots of cracked black pepper)
1 cup chicken stock (I used some of my homemade stock!! Yay! So easy and totally delicious!)
1 cup almond/coconut milk
Bring to a boil then simmer
Purée
Season with:
One handful cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons crushed cumin seeds
Juice of one small lemon
*cayenne and salt to taste 
Garnish with sliced scallions

This soup is Vegan, Vegetarian, Candida and Paleo friendly!

**THIS SOUP TASTES BEST WHEN EATEN THE DAY AFTER ITS MADE! 



No comments:

Post a Comment