not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Feasts with Friends and Food Restrictions

I have been sticking to my candida cleanse and have been super strict. I'm really proud of myself and despite the discomfort I'm in now (major detoxing going on...it gets worse before you get better), I am super excited for feeling 100% down the line. Ultimately every year that you've lived with Candida you'll need a month on the cleanse. So I'm looking at two years of this, which I'm okay with. I know my way around the kitchen so I can still keep it fun, interesting and tasty. Unfortunately my desire to stay vegetarian was proving near impossible considering the dietary restrictions of the cleanse combined with my superduper active lifestyle. Last night after yoga Ro and I cooked up a feast, Thai lettuce wraps and Thai summer squash soup. Both candida friendly and outstandingly delicious. 

Thai Lettuce Wraps
-Shredded carrot (leave out if on candida...but let your friends enjoy it)
-Sliced scallions
-Diced cucumber
-Peanuts (again, not for candida, but for everyone else at the dinner table)

Sautéed ground meat (turkey or venison) in a skillet, seasoning with freshly ground ginger (2" piece) and garlic (1 clove). Salt and pepper, zest of one lime, some lime juice and a red chili pepper diced. 

Wash your lettuce.

Wrap it all up in the lettuce and enjoy!! For non-Candida-cleansers you can use soy sauce, sriracha and whatever else youd like for an added kick!

Thai Summer Squash Soup

- 4 squash (2 green zucchini and 2 summer yellow zucchini), thinly diced
- 4 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
Sautee it all in a soup pot with coconut oil until its cooked about half way through. Then...

Add one can of (Thai Kitchen) Unsweetened Coconut Milk. Add one box of chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you want this to be vegan). Add three large spoonfuls of thai red curry paste (Thai Kitchen makes the best one and for people with Candida, it's the only one that's candida friendly). To the pot add a pinch of salt, a few generous shakes of ground cinnamon and a few shakes of curry powder. Bring to a boil and then let simmer. Right before serving add the juice of two limes. HOLY SHIT, best soup ever.




Spent the night at Ro's and woke up to this....love their house!

No comments:

Post a Comment