not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

SpaBliss

I swam and sunned, and then when I asked about the sauna I was also handed a spa menu...
I spent a full hour going from the complimentary sauna to eucalyptus steam room, to hot tub to cold plunge. I moisturized and scrubbed, and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. I got a magnificent 90 minute deep tissue massage and a 60minute pedicure-- I am now a full inch shorter as she took off that much dirt and dead skin from the bottom of my feet.

After cleaning myself up, I threw on a skirt and headed down to listen to the live music and relax. Well, don't quote me and don't judge me, but I think I'm off meat and booze. When I settled into my chair at the lounge, I sipped a dirty martini and I didn't enjoy it AT ALL, i actually didnt even finish it. Then I was asked to dinner by two elder British gentleman, international exporters, to Thai supper. We had the chefs menu, which was a bit of everything- all of it perfectly executed and totally delicious. The prawns were the size of lobsters- and I ate everyone's share. These men eat like this regularly and had no problem leaving food on the plates- but this was a treat for me, so I ate my fair share, and then theirs as well! We had two bottles of wine amongst the three of us- and I sipped mine at half the pace they were consuming theirs. After one glass I was quite content and actually ready for bed, but I didn't want to be rude to my hosts who were being super generous, so I slowly sipped a second glass. Many of the dishes had some form of meat- and though I tried them, I didn't enjoy them so much- and instead opted for the veggie dishes. I didn't make it to bed until nearly 1am, asleep by 2:30am, and up at 4:30am for checkout and coffee and then I hopped into my 'personal car' to the airport. I felt like shit this morning, which I'm sure could be partly because of 6 hours sleep in two nights and a long travel day- but physically I feel it's from the meat and alcohol. I have been a "clean vessel", and I do not like how either of these things made me feel. I also have had a few coffees lately and I don't like the way that they make me feel either. So when I get home, vegan (ive discovered that cheese does NOT make me feel good....sad discovery, i was in denial for a bit...) and fresh seafood, *limited* coffee consumption and wine on the regular- but only a glass. And that's what I gotta say about that.




Cailin Callahan
www.cailincallahan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment