not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Palm Reading

Practice practice practice, this is what my palmistry teacher says. It's our homework each night to read 3 peoples palms. So yesterday the only ones around were a few Babas...Deepak acted as my interpreter as I read each hand, and then a crowd started to accumulate. At one point there were twenty hands being shoved in my face, and then thirty, and then a whole slew of Indians asking for their palms to be read. Most people didn't understand me, but they just grinned from ear to ear. All of the older village women asked when their sons or daughters would marry, and all the men wanted to know if theyd be wealthy. It was an exhausting but fun afternoon, and I told my teacher that I deserve a bit of extra credit after that adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment