not all who wander are lost.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Farewell Rishikesh, Farewell Mama India.

My last day in Rishikesh was, needless to say, beautiful. I was up bright and early; I packed my bags, read a book, and had Aloo Paratha with badgee along with a masala chai at Ganesha. Then I gave my first Tri-Fusion-Healing session to Xochitl...two hours of Thai massage, marma and reiki, and I incorporated crystals as well. She loved it, and now I'm feeling excited about working all of my new techniques into the bodywork I already do. Exciting stuff. Afterwards we chatted, ate some fruit salad, and then I booked myself into a proper 5-star hotel in New Delhi for my final night in India. Two hundred USD is what I've been averaging for 2 weeks in India- living a simple but good life, so to spend that on just ONE night and not 14 *full* days was a bit of a debate at first, but I've never experienced 5 star before so I figured that this is my chance in this lifetime...

I had a slight hiccup in the afternoon, with a stressful schedule and a grumpy astrologer- so to save the day I blew off my astrology chart and instead opted for a final swim in the Ganges. I cooled down, came back to life and then started to make my rounds saying goodbye. First stop was my juice shop, and not only did I get a sweet heartfelt goodbye, but they also gave me my juice for free. Next was to buy some flowers and prezzies for friends- and the little old lady on the Ganga gave me the flower ensemble for free! Now I was running late for palmistry, and as I power-walked the long road from Ram Jhula to Laxman Jhula, one of my taxi buddies pulled over and insisted that I get a ride, and he refused to take any money. He said that I was always smiling and so nice, and that was enough. Palmistry was amazing, as always, and then the kindness continued. I stopped at the book shop for two more essentials, and I was a few rupees short- the man said "Koi Bhat Nahi, Hari Om" (no worries, god bless).

The night ended with a big gathering and feast at Ganesha, with lots of music, lots of friends, lots of prezzies for me!, and lots of food. I am so blessed, I am so blessed, I am so blessed. I love India. I love India. I love India. 

I was up and out at 4:45 this morning and am now en route to Nepal via Delhi. I'm sad to say goodbye to India, but every end brings a new beginning. And I'm sure that I'll be back, Mama India's love is something you can't stay away from for too long....


रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.









No comments:

Post a Comment