not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Solo in Seattle

Today is my first day flying solo in Seattle. I got lucky this trip- Julia and Gordon only have off 2 weeks out of the WHOLE year, so I planned this trip with that in mind. Did they really wanna spend 10 of their 14 days off with me.....honestly, Yes, I believe so. We have had such an amazing time and I feel so very blessed to get in some quality time with my best friend. Today though they both had to go back to work. So here I am, sitting in Starbucks, about to head into my second yoga class of the day.

Woke up this morning and had coffee with Julia before setting off to run some last minute errands (for my trip). Jules dropped me at the light rail in Columbia City and I took it into the heart of Seattle. Started out with a power yoga class @ BeLuminous and followed that up by rewarding myself with a pizza @ the well-known Serious Pie. Sipping some tea now and about to take a Restorative Yoga class @ BeLuminous. I'm gonna shower there (they have a ton of great Aveda products!) and then I'm cruising to catch Kurt Timmermeister for a book reading/signing @ Elliott Bay Books.

...fast forward. It's now past midnight as I finish this blog that I began several hours ago. The reading was delightful- Kurt is an amazing person with a contagious love for the farm life. His book "Growing A Farmer" is going to be a great read, one that I'm particularly excited to share with my dad. Along with purchasing his book, I also got Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, 2 purple Moleskin notebooks for my trip, and a very special pocket sized collection of my favorite, RUMI. I figure on days when I'm down or in need of some inspiration, I'll just crack it open and read a bit of his wisdom. Anywho- the reading was packed and unfortunately I didn't have enough rime to wait in line and get my book signed :( BUT that's okay because I was rung to catch the light rail so I'd be in Columbia City before 9!! La Medusas kitchen closes right around this time, but I made it!!! I dined on some fabbbbbbulous endive salad and homemade gnocchis that were like little pillows of heaven. Amazing. Ammmazing. Gordon is a GOD in the kitchen. Came home and snuggled on the couch with Jules an Gordon- sipped some wine- and debated about homeschooling vs public school. Twas another great day. Tomorrow I NEED to pack for Asia, because I leave the next day! Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment