not all who wander are lost.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Life of Luxury.

I've decided that after Siem Reap, I'm going to keep to a strict budget until my final month, May in Bali. So, to celebrate my final day in Siem Reap I fully indulged. Woke this morning and had the whole dorm room to myself. I did just about 2 hours of restorative and Yin yoga. Then headed to my regular breakfast spot for iced coffee, rice with vegetables and a Skype session with my parents. Got back to the dorm and practiced my Khmer with the girl that works the front desk. She laughed at my Spanish pronunciation but was impressed with my progress and desire to learn. I packed my bags and prepped for my departure. Lucky me, the boat tickets which are usually 20$ only cost me $12, and that includes my 30min TukTuk ride to the boat! After packing I headed to my afternoon beer spot, the Soup Dragon. They have 0.50$ beers and their wifi connection is great, so this is when I call Julia. She is usually just finishing up work at the restaurant when I call. We chatted for a long while and then afterwards I finally finished my book! Walked across the street and for $16 I got a bikini wax and a pedicure. Now I'm enjoying happy hour @ VIVA, a Mexican place in town. $1 tacos, $1 margaritas. My margarita is on the rocks with salt. My chicken taco is the best damn chicken taco I've ever had in my life. The fresh corn tortilla is better than those I've had in Mexico! The chicken was slow roasted and shredded, seasoned to perfection. Not sure what the rest of the day holds for me, but I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment