not all who wander are lost.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sitka & Spruce


Sitka & Spruce.
1531 Melrose Avenue
{East} Seattle, Washington 98122
(206) 324.0662 , info@sitkaandspruce.com


Sitka & Spruce is adorable and the food was outstanding...on par with our LA BETE experience. Though Gordon and Julia had a busy day prepping for tomorrow {their restaurant, La Medusa, reopens tomorrow after their 2 week winter break}, they managed to squeeze in some time for LUNCH! Afterall, ya gotta eat! Well, eat we did - as we have been since my arrival. I have spent more money on food and wine in my past 10 days here in Seattle than I have collectively this past year. I guess that is partly because I never have a chance to go out when I'm home - busy working around the clock - but still, you get my point. Lots of money, lots of money, has been spent...and I don't regret one cent of it, because these aint no run-o-the-mill meals. Our lunch was so outstanding, it still has me smiling {it also could be the bubbles - we shared a bottle of rose brut, you know - "the usual"}.


Here's what we dined on:

chickpea puree with carrots and a tapenade - OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Kurtwood Farms Cheese + Jam

Columbia City Bakery bread and some freaking oustanding, creamy butter.

Celery Root Soup w/ Hazelnuts & Sage Butter

Poached Chicken Leg with Cannelini Beans, Savoy Cabbage and Carmelized Onions.

King Salmon Lox, Creme Fraiche, Radish & Huckleberries.

gateau Basque with spiced sugar pie pumpkin

Espresso!!!

Our server {as well as good friend of Gordon and Julia}.

Muy Cute.

The food was better than good, better than great...simply delicious. Tonight we are laying low and cooking some dinner at home. More good times with my best friend and her main man...

"I only drink champagne when I'm happy, and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company, I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I am not hungry and drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty.
" -Lily Bollinger

No comments:

Post a Comment