not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cardiff By The Sea

Good times are being had over here on the West Coast, particularly in Cardiff - and especially now that Bri is back {she was in FLA visiting her loverman for the New Year}. A hot yoga vinyasa class @ Transcend, a nice leisurely lunch with Ev, a restorative deep stretch yoga class with Blair, followed by my beloved SOUND MEDITATION with Gray and Sean - only to be topped off with a dinner party back at Grays. Boom. That was Monday. After dinner was done I killed some time before heading to San Diego Airport to pick up our little lovebird Brianna Beard. She filled me in on all of the details of her sickeningly story-book-romance, and I just kept telling her how much I missed her and how glad I was that she was home!! Time to PLAY and COOK! Moved my stuff into the next door apartment where Rachel, her boyfriend Shea, and Nicole live. Nicole doesn't get back from Hawaii until Friday night, so I'm camped out in her room - with her little Chihuahua, Mister. For a dog so small, he puts off a lot of heat - I'm glad to have him as a cuddle buddy on these cold nights that we've been having. Woke up yesterday {Tuesday} and had coffee @ Pannikin with Ev, followed up by a fabulous glassy fun session @ Beacon's with Gray and his nephew Connor. We headed back to Grays parents house on Grand View....it overlooks the whole beach, and one of the popular surf spots. I made us sandwiches and we sat outside, soaking up the sun, watching the whales cruise the coastline {spouting, jumping...the works!} and then I headed back Home to Cardiff By The Sea. Bri and I caught up and cruised the coastline and then I was off to San Diego with Lara Pappas and her boyfriend Blake to her Aunt Linda + Uncle Bobs house. Potato's Aunt and Uncle are some of the coolest people that I know, her Uncle Bob is actually the one that took me flying over San Diego last year! Anyways, the VERY Greek Aunt Linda made QUITE the spread, and along with their good friend Rip we chatted the night away. Back in Cardiff by 8:30pm, and hung with my housemates.

Now, it's 8am. I've cooked up some Quinoa Porridge on the stove, sliced up some oranges, and Bri is about to make some epic juice. We're headed to Katie's 9:15am Vinyasa Flow class and then we're going to venture out for a surf...it looks like it's going to be another glorious sunny day here in Cardiff By The Sea!

Today I made my Quinoa Porridge a bit different than the recipe I posted in the past. This one went as follows:

1 cup uncooked Quinoa
2 cups Rice Milk

Put both in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling bring to simmer and let sit until all liquid is absorbed, which will take atleast 15minutes.

Now add a big handful of raisins, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a few dashs of ground Cardamom. To make it creamier, like a porridge, add a little bit of milk - I used Hazelnut Milk. Sweeten with Agave Nectar and boom, Quinoa Porridge. In a saucepan I cooked down fresh blueberries + fresh raspberries in a little bit of water and agave nectar - put these on top and VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment