not all who wander are lost.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Old.

Let me begin by saying that I don't think I'm "old". But there are certain things that I have felt I wasn't "old enough" for. For example...

- I was a late bloomer when it came to losing my virginity. Though I was emotionally mature beyond my years, I just felt that I wasn't "old enough"...and then one day I was.
- I admired other peoples manicures, but for the longest time I didn't feel like I was "old enough"...and then one day I was.
- Heels are super sassy, but I never felt that I was "old enough" to wear them...and then one day I was.
- And then there's LIPSTICK. Or really any colored lip-gloss or tinted Chapstick. I have never liked anything that colored my lips- at all- because it made me look too old, and I didn't feel that I was "old enough" to walk around with any sort of jazz. Well, I woke up yesterday and I looked at myself in the mirror. And I said, out loud (to myself), "I'm old". And not in an "old" sort of way, but as in an "I'm old enough" kind of way. And then, well- I just knew that I was ready....

...I walked out of the bathroom and proclaimed to Brookie that I was old enough for lipstick. I wanted something BRIGHT! Something VIBRANT! Something bright redish/orange. And so she returned to the house later that day with a tube of full-power, "Roi Roi" lipstick and I have been wearing the shit outta it...because I'm finally old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment