not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Magic Morning on the Sea.

What a magical morning on the sea. 

We met at 6:45 when it was still dawn, and split up into two boats then set out to sea. I was in the same boat as Jessica and her son Maben. She's such a beautiful person, inside and out- and by nature, even before having a son, she was meant to be a mother. Hell, she's been nurturing and mothering me since the moment I arrived. 

I hadn't realized it until I smelled the engine as the captain started it up- but it was the first time I've been on a boat since my dad passed....the last time id had a ride out on the back bay was early spring of 2012, with Dad and Billy Herr. This morning, the smell of the engine and the sea, the sun just starting to come through and the cool breeze of the morning all brought a tear to my eye. Once a bit off shore we saw some dolphins, saw the sun rise up over the hills, and I even jumped overboard and had a swim in the warm water. Another beautiful day on this wonderful journey...







No comments:

Post a Comment