not all who wander are lost.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Be Gentle.

I had an epic cry in class, and then an epic laugh with Jess afterwards. We are quite connected at this point, so she took on my pain in class and had a cry as well (for me). She sent me this poem, which is giving me strength, by Kahil Gibran:

Then a woman said, "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."

And he answered, Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the same well from which your laughter rises often times filled with your tears.

And how else can it be?

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potters oven?



Jess ended it with Be Gentle. I've read it a dozen times now and it's more beautiful with each go.

At lunch today I ran around town, ate lunch at YoYos, bought some gifts and had a freaking deeeeliciou papaya and lime juice. Boom. Be Gentle and Enjoy Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment