not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Local Food Love.

We are fed breakfast at the Whispering Lakes where we are training. It's.....okay. I could make it better. One thing that I hate about most vegan food is that it has NO flavor, which is bullshit. Just because its healthy doesnt mean that it has to be bland. The kitchurri was an epic fail yesterday (a dal and brown rice mixture that has great potential for deliciousness), so this morning I got the porridge. Well I ate the bananas and the dates, but the porridge was nearly inedible. There wasn't any seasoning. It needed cinnamon, and cardamom, and a few other things. So, I'm not really eating any other meals here (breakfast is included so I won't say no), and also- I don't want to eat vegan now- I want to eat local. So...for lunch I went to my new daily lunch spot : Vailankali. I ate the local fish and curry and had two cups of chai. My friends Rey and Valaia joined me and had the same, and the price for all of us was 310 rupees which amounted to $5.85. Boom. Loving the local grub.

No comments:

Post a Comment