not all who wander are lost.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Radish Greens!

My parents have a huge garden this year. I have been LOVING the fact that I can walk outside and pick my dinner...it's fresh and delicious! The only thing that I wasn't stoked on in the garden was my moms radishes. I really really really don't like radishes- never have and after repeatedly giving them second chances, I dont think that I ever will. Anyways, last night when mom got done thinning the radishes she came in and said "I wonder if you can eat the radish greens...?" She looked it up and sure enough you can. She marched back out to the garden and snipped away. We were worries that they would be too bitter- I can't say that too big of a fan of mustard greens either. Well, Sauteed in a touch of coconut oil and a dash of salt and pepp- they were outstanding!! For dinner we had Aunt Meg's famous ham croquettes over the Sauteed radish greens, and for we had them for brekky this morning too! This AM mom sauteed radish greens, kale and mushrooms and served them with a fried egg on top! Nutritionally, radish GREENS contain six times more Vitamin C, calcium and protein than the root!! No I can eat the greens and discard the root guilt-free!!! Yippeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment