not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Surfing, Crying, Laughing, Loving.

This year has been a roller coaster of emotions, and I'm so grateful to say that Arugam Bay has blessed me with abundance in all sorts and shapes and sizes. I have laughed until I cannot breathe...I have loved people here so much that they have physically become a part of me....and I have surfed, lord have I SURFED, until I cannot take another stroke. Arugam Bay has taught me (slowly, slowly) how to receive. My friends and family here have been a constant source of love and inspiration, and my time here with them has been nurturing me back to the powerful and amazing woman that I am capable of being. Each day is better than the day before. Each rice and curry is more delicious than the previous. Each friendship and love is embedded that much deeper into my being. Each today makes me grateful for yesterday and excited for tomorrow. Osho says that when someone you love dies, that a part of you dies as well. And that space that this person filled inside of you, well, it will always be somewhat of a void. He explains its like trying to fill a circle with cubes...yes, you can fill the space, but it won't be a perfect fit, there'll be gaps and holes despite it all. Well I was prepared to be broken forever. My dad was the love of my life, and I was ready to carry the burden of missing him til the day I left this earth and saw him again. But here, in this town, in the water- I am surrounded by him, and by people whom I know that he hand selected for me. Nir, Malcom and Mimi are especially chosen by him- I.Just.Know.It. Life is so challenging, but it is so incredibly beautiful. I would be lying if I said that it won't break my heart to leave this place and this community, but I am also excited for the day that I return here, for the times and places when ill reunite with the amazing individuals that I met here, and no matter where I am- I will ALWAYS hold this love in my heart. That's all for now, it's time to paddle out for a sunset session...

No comments:

Post a Comment