not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wastin' Away in Margaritaville


Yoga Class, Yesterday Morning. Too much fun and way too funny. In the class were the Texas Boys {Pelon, Diaz, and Steve}, Soda Mary Crew {Brett, Adam, Les, Lee, and Shawn}, the Lovely Ladies {Pat, Jeni, and Maria} and some newcomers {Andy, Reds, and Johanna}. Boom. 14 students, not bad. For some the class was a bit advanced, and for a few it was a bit slow - but all in all, I stressed to work at your own pace and listen to your body. Slow it down if necessary, and take it to the next level if you'd like. Adam complained about his balls a few times, and Lester Earl made some fake fart noises when we were all in compromising positions, but Zen was essentially attained during our 10 minute Savasana {when there were THANKFULLY no trash trucks}. To follow-up our early morning yoga session, we trekked down to the semi-secret spot for a mid-morning surf session. No bueno. Long walk, long paddle out, just so-so waves....I almost died on the walk back, with the sun beating down on me without mercy. We made it back to Adam's and I whipped up some breakfast burritos. Tortillas with beans, scrambled eggs, bacon, avocado, jalapenos, tomatoes and sliced cabbage marinated in lime with cilantro. VaVaVoom, life is good. Early evening the whole rowdy crew headed up to Vago's amazing house on Canada Hill, with a beautiful view of the surrounding coast and a fancy-schmancy pool. Les brought up his Jimmy Buffet signature "Margaritaville" margarita machine and goddamn, it was a party. As the night continued on and we ran out of fresh limes he began using anything at his disposal...OJ, pineapple juice, and even lemon-lime gatorade. Lagarto was manning the grill - cookin up some sausages, chicken and burgers...all that were topped with Margot's outstanding, so delicious, lick-your-fingers-good homemade bbq sauce {margot is vago's beautiful wifey}. We were loading the grilled sausages onto hotdog buns with pickled jalapenos and some of Margot's sauce....oh-my-sweet-jesus. By 730 it was approaching my bedtime, so I fell asleep in a huge tub {like the ones we use for tubing in the back bays @ home}. Adam woke me up and drove us home in the golf cart, and I fell asleep the second I walked in the door. This morning I was up at quarter after 5, put on my headphones and some Bonobo, and did YOGA. I was just about finished, lying in reclining bound angle, when I hear Adam rip a LOUD fart. Yes, his fart was so loud that I could hear it outside, through a closed door, and over the music pumping through my ipod. At that time I wrapped it up, came inside, and all of us caffeine junkies sat around sipping cafe and making "TO DO" lists for the day and the upcoming week. Without a "TO DO" list, nothing seems to get done....

Anyways, we are all sittin around Soda Stinky at the moment, gettin ready to go to Tres Piscinas {a nearby waterfall}. The cars will be loaded to the top with people and lots of beer, and we may even make it to the Tilapia Farms. Tonight is a pool party and BBQ @ Reds' condo. He is whippin up some shrimp and fish, and making the fixings for tacos. Wooohooo, I can't wait for a night of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment