not all who wander are lost.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Que Delicioso!

Had a pretty tranquilo day yesterday...two okay surf sessions and just hanging around. We had yoga at 7 in the morning which was great. A wonderful flow, full class and positive energy. Last night Shawn, Newman and I went for dinner @ Jeni's house. It was Eleanor & Bob (Jeni's mom and her mothers boyfriend), Pat, Brooke & Craig, Lee, and Fred & Bridgette. I brought over some appetizers...hummus w/ carrots and beets and little tray of dried figs, dried bananas, marinated olives, sliced apples and almonds. Jeni made the most delicious dinner ever...she really knows her way with exotic flavors and seasonings. On the menu was grilled fish, rice, string bean salad, mango salad and roasted red peppers and eggplant. The string bean salad was dressed with sesame oil along with julienned peppers and some other fun, delicious flavors. The fish was grilled to perfection, and I had several servigs of the roasted red peppers and marinated roasted eggplant. My favorite of the evening though was the MANGO SALAD. The mango was thinly sliced...it was served with sliced red onions, peanuts, and seasoned with fresh mint, fresh cilantro, coriander, cumin and fish sauce. I know there were a few other things in the mix but thats what I could identify. So delicious. Jeni really creates special things when she cooks. Called it an early night and were home in bed by 9:30. Pura Vida. Today I'm waiting on my truck to get back from inspection...I really want to head into Jaco for the farmers market and stock up but no one in town has a running car...they are all at the mechanic!! Ha! The tide is kinda funky, but hopefully we will be able to get in a sunset surf session.

No comments:

Post a Comment