not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

ESPRESSO YOURSELF!

I love coffee.
I know coffee...intimately.
I've brewed a huge variety of beans, a million different ways.
I have finally found the best coffee.


Espresso by Goya :
aka "the Brick"

I know...it's not local, or organic, or EXPENSIVE...for $2.22 you can buy a 'brick' of Goya's Espresso. I guarantee you the best damn cup of coffee that you've ever had. It is strong, definitely not for the faint of heart. It is PERFECT for my Bialetti, works great in the common Drip, and deliciouso in the french press (though, I recommend scaling back on your measurements. this coffee is an espresso roast and grind). Goya's espresso brick is especially perfect for the Vietnamese coffee press, because it produces a dark, rich brew - which will blend gloriously with sweetened condensed milk.

So...
1. hop in your car
2. drive to the grocery store
3. find the "international foods" or "ethnic foods" aisle
4. find the brick, pick it up, and bring it to the register
5. pull out your 2 dollar bills and a quarter
6. get back in your car and put on your favorite song.
7. rock out, because you are about to have one fantastic cup of friggin' coffee

Boom.

Only the best for my readers.




" I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart,
but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee. "
~Flash Rosenberg


No comments:

Post a Comment