not all who wander are lost.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Shatkarmas and Snot Rockets

Yesterday I taught my TT's about the Shatkarmas, or "Six Actions", which are kriyas designed to cleanse and purify the body. My favorite one to teach is how to use the (jala) Neti pot. We were laughing all afternoon, and the best were the lessons "bloopers". I wish that I had been filming....

Those shatkarma which effect purification of the body are secret. They have manifold, wondrous results and are held in high esteem by eminent yogis.
(Hatha Yoga Pradipika 2:23)

1. Neti: nasal cleaning, including jala neti and sutra neti.

2. Dhauti: cleansing of the digestive tract.

3. Nauli: abdominal massage.

4. Basti: colon cleaning.

5. Kapalbhati: purification and vitalisation of the frontal lobes.

6. Trataka: blinkless gazing.











No comments:

Post a Comment