not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Quinoa Porridge

In the past I had posted a recipe for a lip-smacking quinoa porridge. This recipe I'm posting today is a bit different, made with quinoa *flakes*, and therefore has more of an oatmeal consistency. I was forced to create this because it turns out that I have a stomach ulcer (my nutritionist said that its probably from the emotional stress of this intense 2-year cleanse that I'm on, combined with the stress that the strict change made to my body...also,
Pepper in some stress of every day living...). He recommended that I add oatmeal and okra to my diet...two foods that will help coat and protect my stomach, helping the healing process. Oatmeal is out because I am (mostly) grain free and totally gluten free on this cleanse. So: quinoa (flake) porridge. You can buy these flakes at any health food store or online, and they even carry them at the Shoprite here in Marmora.

One cup hot water
1/3 cup quinoa flakes
Generous sprinkling of cinnamon
Pinch of Celtic sea salt
Drop of vanilla extract (alcohol free...Frontier makes a great one!)
Small scoop of Ghee (the healing properties are endless)
Sweeten with Xylitol

All you have to do is boil the hot water and pour it over top and the mix mix mix. Voila. You like thin porridge? Use more water. Thick? Use less. If you're not on the candida cleanse feel free to jazz it up with dried fruit or fresh fruit and some honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment