not all who wander are lost.

Friday, September 13, 2013

BiBimBop and ScrubADub

Bi-Bim-Bop
I did an NYC express trip on Thursday. I woke up at 6am, did my kundalini kriya "ego eradicator" and meditation, read from my May Cause Miracles, and then sipped some hot tea. I was on the 8am bus in Atlantic City, headed for Port Authority. My only plan was to go to the Master Class with Dharma Mittra at the Dharma Center, and to track down "The Bean" because it's the only place aside from Upright Coffee that carries almond milk (side note: seriously NYC?! ALL those damn coffee shops and theres only TWO that have almond milk..!?!). There's a Bean in Union Square, and after I got my decaf spice tea latte I wandered about. Directly across the street were two yoga centers:  one, the very famous Jivamutki Center, and the other was a little grassroots place called The Shala. In India we practiced in "the Shala", and I felt a pull in my heart to try out the studio. Well, it certainly wasn't Mittras Master Class, but I am glad that I tried it - and it was nice to zone out into an Ashtanga flow. I've always said that there's no such thing as a "bad class", because even in a class you don't enjoy you'll take something away from it. I walked away with two things: a cool stretch for the hamstrings and the thought that I will NEVER, EVER count out breaths for my students-- it is distracting, counter-intuitive, and I found that I breathed less than I would have naturally. Anywho, the day continued....I met JamieD by her work and we grabbed a quick but INSANELY-FUCKING-DELICIOUS Korean lunch at Manna Kitchen (28 E. 18th Street, NY NY). I love love love Bi-Bim-Bop, and I was happy that they offered brown rice (which I am allowed to have - in moderation - with this candida cleanse). Not only am I allowed to eat everything that came with the dish, but it's all recommended for the cleanse (miso soup, kim chi, and lots of veggies and seaweed in the dish itself). Make sure that when you order this traditional korean dish that you get it with the hot skillet - otherwise the rice won't get crispy (with the toasted sesame oil), and that's the best part!! I said my goodbyes to Jamie and then headed to my Korean spa for a scrub and a massage. Back on the bus, read my book most of the way,  and asleep as soon as I walked through the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment