not all who wander are lost.

Monday, September 16, 2013

AJW.

Andrew and I met ten years ago in Sea Isle City...and we've been friends ever since. He was six years older than me, living in a house on 42nd street with ten kids, all of whom just graduated college. Andy was your typical frat boy who drove a big gas guzzling Denali, loved to party, and worked selling time shares in Atlantic City. Despite being total opposites we became fast friends. We went fishing together, consumed stone crab claws like they were going out of style, soaked up sun on the beach and drank green tea with honey as we sat on his couch and watched movies. He quickly became a part of my family, finding a special space in the heart of both my mom and dad. Andy can be summed up by the phrase, "Work Hard, Play Hard". When he moved to Texas to get into real estate I cried for days, so sad to see him go. But he has built an empire down there, which is no branching out across the US. He is sharp, motivated and a mover and shaker. We don't see each other as often as I would like, but we always pick up where we left off...slipping into our pattern of being on the boat, eating seafood at Mikes, and sipping green tea....

He had some business in Philly this week so he popped down for a 24 hour visit which was just what the doctor ordered. I woke up with a smile on my face this morning, feeling as content as I always do every being in the presence of such a great friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment