not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Baby.


Baby Isla Sol Tracy.

We had a baby! Well...Bridget had a baby (and John!). I've been freaking out. Let me begin by saying that I don't like babies....and in general, I'm not a huge fan of children (please don't judge me, I'm just being honest). But I will tell you, holding baby Isla, my heart had to grow ten times in size to hold the fierce love that I had for this little princess. She is perfect, and I could not be more proud of my beautiful friend Bridget for being such a powerful and amazing mama.

I have lived a selfish existence my whole life...which I am very proud of. Most think that being "selfish" is a bad thing, but as Osho says, it's only when we fill ourselves up that we are able to fill up the people around us. My "selfless-ness" is a result of my "selfish-ness". Having an animal, having a partner, having a house, and having a baby have rarely crossed my mind. But holding baby Isla definitely sparked something within me....I'm not saying that I'm trying to have any fucking babies right now, hell no, HELL NO....but it's on the radar.....
Me and Bridge.


Baby Isla.

No comments:

Post a Comment