not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hanging Lake Trail Hike

We left Utah this morning around 7am. Unfortunately we only got to drive through, no adventure- but thats okay because we are more than making up for it now in Colorado. A little after 10am we arrived at Hanging Lake trail. When I looked it up it said that the level was "difficult". Everyone said that for the 1.1mile incline, it feels like you are marching up a stairmaster every bit of the way. Well, they weren't lying. I was huffing and puffing and swearing to myself that I'm going to add some cardio to my life once I get home. The reviews were also spot on in saying that the hard hike is well worth the beautiful reward at the top. The crystal clear bright blue lake, the waterfalls, the view out on the mountains-- absolutely breathtaking, and absolutely worth every single (difficult) step. It took a little over an hour to get to the top and equal amount of time getting back down. When we got back to the car I felt physically and spiritually reinvigorated. All this time spent in the car, and then striking out in Utah, had me a bit down. If anyone passes through Colorado on route 70, this hike is a MUST. Most things that are difficult in life offer up the best rewards. namaste <3

No comments:

Post a Comment