not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'll have some of this and summa that...

Mmm food! The reason that I live and breathe! Here are a few of my favorite things in Luang Prabang:

1: Lao Luang Prabang smoothies-
The fruit is already in the cups, every variation under the sun. They add ice and a bit of sugar water and BOOM. smoothie, For 5,000kip (bout 50 cents US). My favorite is the fresh lime and mint. Sooo good.

2: Wine and WiFi -
Two of my favorite things in the world come together here in luang Prabang: delicious wine and the BEST wifi connection!!! Got to talk to Julia for atleast 30minutes today, perfect connection, while sipping a refreshing glass of Sauvignon Blanc. The wine was 35,000kip ($4usd), which was a splurge (costing more than my room!), but it was well worth it. This is going to become a daily ritual.

3: Salad Balls? -
Lettuce wrapped seasoned eggplant.
Seasoned rice noodles wrapped in cabbage.
And drumroll....sticky rice that is sweet and salty, mixed with fresh diced green onions and peanuts, wrapped in spinach. Holy Christ. I could eat these things all day!! Salty, sweet, savory and ammmazing. 5,000kip will get you nearly a dozen of em!

No comments:

Post a Comment