not all who wander are lost.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Asian Beauty Secret #1

Asian Beauty Secret #1:

I've always wondered why Asians have the most impeccably beautiful skin...and now I know. Herbal Saunas. I have never been so beautiful in my whole life. Seriously. My healthy skin is radiating and my whole body is as smooth as the day I was born. And it's not just external, internally I feel superb as well! Yesterday when I returned to the sauna I brought along a pumice stone and some deep conditioner. In the steaming hot sauna as the sweat poured off and I inhaled the aromas of fresh lemongrass and eucalyptus, I scrubbed and scrubbed. Honestly, there wasn't much left TO scrub- I'd scrubbed off Several layers of dirt at my sauna session the night before. Still, I went at it with an indescribable enthusiasm. When I'd retreat to the deck for some fresh air, as you do, I'd have a cup of hot tea. The huge urns of hot tea are simply outstanding. I have no idea what kind of tea it is, but it's damn delicious. I get cramps hours later, so I'm guessing that there is a touch of senna in it... Anyways, you sit- sip- cool down and socialize. And then you do it all again. Women are rubbing milk, creams, exfoliants and such on their bodies. They splash some of the tea from their cup onto their faces and arms, scrub at their bodies with loofas and pumice and washcloths. And all of them- absolutely stunning...their skin, the picture of health. Most of the women there were familiar faces, all having been there the night before as well. I'm guessing that I'll see them tonight as well. Though its only 6am, I'm already looking forward to my evening sauna session: naked, wrapped in a sarong, sweating and scrubbing and loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment