not all who wander are lost.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Beautiful Day.

I woke up this morning and had to pee-- it was freezing and I was dreading my departure from the warmth of my bed. Finally drug myself up and out, went to the loo, and was wide awake despite the early hour. I decided to just sit on the deck of our hut and take it all in. I watched the beautiful sunrise and enjoyed the tranquility that only the early morning hours has to offer. Crossed the bamboo bridge into town and caught up with my mom on Skype. My dads vision has been shit lately- he has to wear a patch over his one eye, otherwise he gets insanely dizzy and is plagued with headaches. They had a doctors appointment yesterday, and the news wasn't great..the tumor is causing this nuisance and there is nothing that we can do about it. I let it get to me for a bit, and then my attitude changed. He was supposed to bed dead a few months ago, so if now all he has to do is wear a patch, I'd say he's gotten a good deal. After the call I headed back across the bamboo bridge to wake up my traveling partner for another delicious breakfast in Pai. As I crossed the river I couldn't help but to grin from ear to ear- goddamn beautiful. ANOTHER beautiful day...

No comments:

Post a Comment