not all who wander are lost.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Fuckall Hatefest.

Fuckall Hatefest.

I average one meltdown every three weeks when I'm traveling. The meltdown usually lasts only a day or so, but it's pretty gnarly and, I think, necessary. The whole "what goes up must come down" theory. Balance. Well today is apparently that day. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck. Yep, I said it- and I'll probably say it 200times more before noon (it's now 11am). Woke up at 6am, watched the monks procession from my deck and enjoyed the coolness and serenity that the light rain offered up. Met a friend at 730am for breakfast which was just a short walk from my house. Around 9 I returned home and wanted to go for coffee and some WiFi. When I went to unlock my bike, I noticed that it wasn't there. Confused, I did a lap around the Guesthouse. Where was my beloved hot pink bike hiding?! Finally I ask the owner where my bike was. "oh, stolen. Sorry." what the fuck? You're kidding right? It was locked up, I carried it up the flight of stairs and laid it alongside the house. At night we close the gate and lock it up. So you mean to tell me that someone hopped the fence, took my bike, threw it over and then climbed over?! Oh - and crazy enough, they didn't take any bikes that belonged to the owner?! Yep, that's some fishy bullshit. In the pouring rain i walked barefoot to where I rented the bike the day before. When I told them they didn't fret they just said that I had to buy a new bike. Oh-no-way-Jose!!! I told them that I was going to talk to my guesthouse again and then the police. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Walked to the coffee shop- soaking wet and muddy from head to toe. Called my mom and didn't get any comfort from That conversation. Cried a bit into my up of coffee and then stopped being sad and got really pissed off. Like, epically pissed off-- insanely pissed off. I just came off of the most amazing day...how dare some motherfucker taint my Lao experience. You know the saying "one bad apple"...yep, well now I no longer love Laos. In fact, at the moment I loathe Laos. I cannot wait to leave. Dear Laos, I'm not recommending you to anyone. Fuck you for stealing my bike. Love, Cailin. Thank God that my fun dutch friend Linda arrives today or I would be miserable and all alone in my ex-favorite-town. (sina and the crew left this AM). I have an hour left of this hatefest I hope, and then it will pass. Hopefully this goddamn rain will do the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment