not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cous Cous Salad


I don't know how the hell I came to make this recipe, but it's freaking delicious! Light and delightful and perfect for summer!

2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups cous cous
2 small granny smith apples, diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup pinenuts

1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup

rosemary
thyme
parsley
(if fresh, 1/4 cup each. dry...i heaping tablespoon each)
1 tablespoon dried mint
salt (optional) to taste


Bring vegetable broth to a boil- once boiling add cous cous - cover pot, take off heat + let sit for 5minutes. Add apples, cranberries, almonds, pinenutes + herbs. Mix in cous cous. Add olive oil, maple syrup + apple cider vinegar. Mix it up - give it a taste. It may need another drizzle of olive oil or a touch of salt. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I so love your blog. Besides being fun to read it is often very inspiring - on a wide variety of levels - yoga, surfing, eating, etc. Your recipes always sound so goooood. However, when I actually think I might try one - I can't find it. Any chance you could make a tab or something so that readers like me can find what we are thinking about? If that is already here......please let me know how to find it. -Pat

    ReplyDelete