not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Night In Lompoc

My last night in Lompoc.
We drove over the river and through the woods for "pizza". I didn't understand at first but once we got there it clicked. Wonderful. Wonderful local wine, wonderful organic food, wonderful wonderful wonderful. Afterwards we headed to the shamrock bar for some music from Le Petit Protest. I didn't end up playing, but that was ooookay!!! We had a fun time dancing and then headed home. Good thing because I had to wake up at the crack of dawn to catch a train to LA.

I left Lompoc an hour ago.
3 Hours to go until I reach L.A.
I'm riding the train along the coast . It's beautiful.
I've almost cried 4 times since I woke up this morning. It's been an exciting, fulfilling, enjoyable 3 weeks I've had on the West Coast. I think that I'll return to California to set some roots after my winter of travel. I'm not sure where I'll end up in California, but I'm feeling connected to Lompoc. It's a quiet, small-town, real people, uncrowded line-up (for you non-surfers, that means that there aren't alot of surfers in the water), cows, horses, and vineyards!! Who knows -- I change my mind every few minutes, so I'm sure that it'll be up for debate until the day I move.

I've only been in LA for 20 minutes, but I've had 2 crack heads come up and ask me for money and hit on me, and I've had one homeless guy asking me for money -- telling me that he needs it for a ticket. My aunt's boyfriend picked me up (he's 2 years older than me...) and then we went to my favorite mexican place in all the world, CASA VEGA. Marco made us fabulous margaritas and we snacked on some delicious, AUTHENTIC mexican food. My friend Lara Pappas, whom I met in Costa Rica last year, met up with us. We got a buzz on then went shopping at Buffalo Exchange as we sipped Starbucks' Americanos.

Now we are back at the house, sipping some Pali wine (my aunt is part-owner in Pali vineyards) and waiting for whats next. I'm so so so so so so soooo (are you getting the point) very sad that I have to go back to the east coast tomorrow -- but I miss my family and friends, and I need to make sure that I get in some quality time before I head out for a winter of travel.

1 comment:

  1. Seattle misses you chica! glad you are discovering and laughing and crying and above all loving!

    ReplyDelete