not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Back In Jersey

Almost missed my flight.
Hungover.
I'm leaving California.
LA is all about...excessiveness.
You can't just have boobs, you have to have huge, perky plastic boobs. You don't need another pair of those Jimmy Cho heels, but you'll buy a few more just for good measure. Well why would we go out in LA and ONLY have 3 drinks when we can have a TON of drinks? Ha. Last night was a ton of fun, filled with excess, but I am certainly paying the price today.

I slept through my alarm, so thank God Lara woke me up - we left Dianes house @ 4:35 am - my flight was pulling out of LAX @ 6am. I went to the wrong terminal (I'm flying Delta, not US Airways) and then a small, angry asian woman from Delta yelled at me and told me that I couldn't check in - it was too late, get to the back of the line. BAH - the woman next to her could sense my tears because she helped me out - and I JUST made my flight. I mean, JUST made it. Oh yeah, my bag was 52 pounds, and the limit is 50 lbs, so they charged me $90. With 20 minutes until my departure I figured it was no time to argue or negotiate. Damnit.

I almost died on the plane - death by hangover. Is that possible? My hour long flight to Salt Lake City felt like it took an eternity. Walking off the plane was wonderful. Slammed some OJ and chugged some water. Feeling a bit less awful. Now I'm stuffed into my next flight to Philly like a sardine between to very robust people.

Finally arrive in Philly, and Paul picks me up. I head home and take a shower. Starting to feel alive again. It's cold and gray and drizzling. I'm definitely beginning to regret leaving California. Not to worry though cause I headed over to my friends house, Jeff & Sharon. They fed me a delicious dinner and gave me a bed. Woke up this morning to some hot coffee and a big breakfast. Things are looking up because the sun is coming out. One month left in Jersey, let the countdown begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment