not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Is It A Whale...?

....Or A Shark??

This is the conversation that we were having moments before I hopped off of the boat and into the water with this 25' Whale Shark. I decided that it was more whale than shark and off I was!! I swam way faster than anyone else on the boat so it was just me and this big, peaceful creature of the sea. I couldn't stop giggling because I was so excited and simultaneously incredibly nervous, swallowing water as my smile let in water. This was the most magical day on the water that I've ever had....and I have spent MANY a day on the sea. There were dozens of dolphins and two humpback whales that were inches from our boat, giving us a show - rolling and flapping and flipping and singing. My heart was skipping a beat and I was paralyzed with joy. 

A big thanks to our main man Ira, who not only showed us the most amazing time and educated us about environmental conservation, but he also joined the local band at lunch and sang us one of his original songs!! Ira has lived in Baja for the past 21 years, and he was a wealth of information. 

I am SO incredibly grateful for this AMAZING day. 

Godbless. 







No comments:

Post a Comment