not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Miracles.

May Cause Miracles.

Juno
It's almost Monday! Have you ordered your "May Cause Miracles" book yet?! I'm super excited about the 40 day commitment that lay ahead, and I'm pumped that some of you are taking that journey with me. While talking about this with one of my massage clients, Mike, he asked if I'd read "A Return to Love" by Marianne Williams. This is a book of 'reflections on the principles of A COURSE IN MIRACLES", which Mike assured me was a great prelude into the somewhat-heavy-hard-to-digest Course. Because he is an amazing man (who also has an amazing dog, Juno, who likes to cuddle with me while I'm trying to massage his dad!), he had a copy of this book for me when I arrived for our weekly massage the other day! I dove right into it and was reading from it for my class this morning. Williamson writes...

'SEEING YOUR STRENGTHS EXACTLY AS THEY ARE, AND EQUALLY AWARE OF WHERE THEY CAN BE BEST APPLIED, FOR WHAT, TO WHOM AND WHEN, HE CHOOSES AND ACCEPTS YOUR PART FOR YOU.'

"Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others. We're compensated by grateful looks in people's eyes, whatever material abundance supports us in performing joyfully and at high energy, and the magnificent feeling that we did our bit today to save the world.

The Atonement means putting love first. In everything. In business as well as everything else. You're in business to spread love. Your screenplay should spread love. Your hair salon should spread love. Your agency should spread love. Your life should spread love. The key to a successful career (and life) is realizing that its not separate from the rest is your life, but rather is an extension of your most basic self. And your most basic self is love.

Knowing who you are and why you came here- that you are a child of God and that you came here to heal and be healed- is more important than knowing what you want to do. What you want to do is not the important question. The question to ask is, "When I do anything, how should I do it?". And the answer is "Kindly." People don't normally associate business with kindness, because bush was has come to be regarded as simply a tool for making money. Miracle-workers are not it business only to make money; they're in business to inject love into the world. That shift is a miracle.

Dear God, please give my life some sense of purpose. Use me as an instrument of your peace. Use my talents and abilities to spread love. I surrender my job to you. Help me to remember that my real job is to love the world back to health. Thank you very much. Amen."

Amen. Aho. Namaste.
God. The Divine. Universal Spirit.
Love. Love. Love.

In today's class I had everyone meditate on their strengths. And then pick one, and let it be their mantra throughout class. Opening and filling their hearts with this strength and intention. And then to make a promise to always move from this space, from this strength, no matter what facet of life. It was a dark, rainy day and we enjoyed a slow, deep, mindful class. It was just what the doctor ordered, and then I had some breakfast (the most delicious crab and spinach omelette to be exact) at the OC Surf Cafe with Brookie afterwards. Such a great morning. Feeling super blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment