not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spinach Chop and Sunshine Stroll

I slept in again today, and needed every minute of it. Woke up ravenous again today, and with only a few things in the fridge I had to be creative. We had two eggs left, a bunch of spinach that needed to be eaten and a few nuts and such in the pantry. I remembered reading a spinach chop recipe in Heidi Swansons book, so I flipped through the pages until I found it. Heidis recipes are good, not always life-changing, but pretty great...though she uses OFFENSIVE amounts of garlic (and this is coming from a garlic-lover). So I tweaked the recipe a bit and came up with an epic breakfast/brunch for myself.

Spinach Chop (P, VG)
Ingredients:

2 hardboiled eggs
2 large handfuls of spinach, cooked down and squeezed (get ALL the liquid out)
1 clove of garlic
1 small handful of chopped, toasted almonds
a touch of salt
sriracha (i like A LOT)

BOOM. delicious.

The whole thing took about 15minutes from start to finish.
Salty, Savory, Crunchy and Delicious.
Heidi Swanson always offers up healthy inspiration.
Strolling the Sea Isle promenade with my Mom.
After my late breakfast, Mom and I decided to cruise to Sea Isle to enjoy the sunshine and take a little stroll. We chit chatted and laughed and planned our winter travels. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment