not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Friends to FRIENDS.

Julia and I, a friendship evolution from babies to besties.
It's crazy the way it happens. When a friendship changes from one depth to another. 


My mom met Erin Biddle years and years and years ago in Strathmere. They were great friends, and remained so throughout the years despite Erin living in Colorado. Fast forward a bit and Erin has two kids, Kelsea and Ryan, and my mom has me. We have met up during the summers in South Jersey and have exchanged Christmas cards and phone calls. I was 'friends' with Kelsea and Ryan, but it was a friendship based on our familial ties - not a true bond. Well, I am grateful for the evolution. This past trip to Colorado we somehow moved from being family friends to having a wholesome, full, friends-forever-type-love. Feeling so very grateful for my short, but refreshing, jaunt to Colorado, and for the time spent with dear friends.

"What We Need is Here"

Geese appear high over us, 
pass, and the sky closes. Abandon, 
as in love or sleep, holds
them to their way, clear
in the ancient faith: what we need is here. 
And we pray, not for new Earth or heaven, 
But to be quiet in heart, and in eye, 
clear. What we need is here.


*Julia sent me this poem yesterday, and as she said, I feel like our 'here' is us together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment