not all who wander are lost.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Me + Mary Poppins




I had a "house concert" unplugged, acoustic, intimate show the other night and after the show my friend Martha said "You are just like Mary Poppins". Random, I thought, my songs are definitely indie, but I wouldn't compare them to the likes of "Spoonful of Sugar" or "Chim Chim Cherreee". But no, she was comparing our effects on people, who we are. Mary Poppins is a magical nanny, who arrives in peoples lives to bring families closer. Martha said that I float from place to place, making people happy and bringing them together. Some people I'm helping to reconnect with whats good and wholesome inside of themselves, and some people she said just need my positive vibrations in their lives. I connect people through food and music and yoga. Damn Marth, you're going to make me cry.


1 comment:

  1. miss miss miss you!!! you are a little mary poppins...can you come and help me clean my mess of a house????? xoxox julisa

    ReplyDelete