not all who wander are lost.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Surfing + Writing + Yoga = Life.

Beach Yoga Class 41st Street Beach, Ocean City.
Tuesdays Thursdays Sundays @ 7am


This Sunday is International Surfing Day. Surfrider Foundation is having a "Surf Day" throughout the day @ 58th Street in Ocean City. I thought that it would be fun to dedicate our Sunday Surfer's Vinyasa Flow Yoga class to the art of surfing and to the ocean that we all spend so much time enjoying. I've spent a few hours searching my collection of yoga books + past issues of YogaJournal for some surf-inspired moves, and scouring the internet for some Sea-Inspiring quotes. Well, I've yet to find any sea-worthy excerpts but I did find a quote by Anne Morrow Lindbergh about writing - and it hit the spot.

I must write it all out, at any cost. Writing is thinking. It is more than living, for it is being conscious of living.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh

No comments:

Post a Comment