not all who wander are lost.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pura Vida and Puppies.

Life is good. It is simple and wonderful and good. Worked yesterday for JimmyT doing a party for my favorite VIP, Taylor. Taylor is the captain of the yacht GOTCHA that's currently in Los Suenos. Super cool guy from Texas who I feel completely comfortable to be completely myself around. He takes extra good care of me when I work for him, and we have an agreement that I'll work any events that he's hosting. So last night Sean (Roni's husband) was the chef and I was the server/bartender/whatever-you-need. Love working with Sean because he is the most cool, calm and collected chef that I have ever met. Ego-free, laid-back, and organized. Oh yeah, did I mention that he's an amazing chef?? On the menu was bruschetta to start, along with grilled shrimp and pineapple kabob's served with cilantro mayonnaise and some kickass guacamole. Dinner was a greek salad, grilled lamb chops, grilled steak {topped with a red wine ajus and sauteed mushrooms} and grilled wahoo {topped with mango salsa, which was outta this world}, sauteed veggies that were done to perfection and MASHED POTATOES! To top it off were little mini banana/chocolate bread cakes topped with vanilla ice cream, melted chocolate and strawberry's. Holy christ, I was in food heaven {yes, that's right...I sneak a few bites}. Taylor and his crew of 10 other gentlemen had me laughing the whole time I worked and Taylor was sure to make sure I had a good time and didn't feel like the "hired help". Also, did I mention that I made good money? Like GOOD money. Sean gave me a ride back to Oeste and I rolled into the bar for ONE drink. Well, there was a beer pong competition going on and I wasn't tired - so I hauled ass up the hill, rallied both bed-bound JamieD and Shawnie and we all headed back down the hill to kick some ass in beer pong. Well, the night did not end with our victory at the beer pong table, oh no, we headed down the street to the tico-filled disco bar, BARRILITO. Bah. Strobe lights and dancing and thumping bass and too many beers. We were home by 12:30 at night at the 6 beers I consumed had me a bit more tipsy than I'd planned on. The alarm went off at 5am, I woke up - made coffee - delivered the coffee to my sleeping beauties, had some puppy love time and then JamD and I went for a surf out front. FUN, as always. Super fun. Fast lil zippy waves, about waist to chest high. Wash it all down with some of my delicioso breakfast burritos and BAM, it's a beautiful day. It's only 11am now but I feel like I've already had a full, amazing day. Going to take a nap with the pooches and then hit up Vago's for some chicharones, soak up some Sunday Funday! Pura Vida.

This is "TIBBY". She has a white tip on her tail like a shark, and she nibbles alot- so I named her Tibaron which means 'shark' in spanish. I've been calling her Tibarona but Tibby for short. Her sisters name is Arena, which is spanish for 'sand', because she's a light brown color. I'm only keeping Tibby, but in the meantime I'm taking care of her sister Arena as well. I had the vet come out yesterday and worm em, clean out their mite-infested ears and check out their poor little bodies. They've been eating and drinking and they are constantly showered with love. They aren't locked up or anything, just cruising around our very open house, but I don't think that they plan on going anywhere. Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment