not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just Another Day

Last night I had about 20 people over my house for music, pool, food and fun. I cooked up a big batch of chili, made hard boiled eggs, a pesto-tomato pasta salad and a curry chickpea pasta salad along with some freshly sliced fruit. Karen {of the wonderful restaurant in town, Aleamendro's} made an outstanding chickpea,cauliflower curry dish. Noah made some rockin mac & cheese, and Jeff and Sharon hooked it up with some freshly made salsa. We ate and laughed and hung out, and then got down to business. Mikey was on harmonica, Gary was playing guitar and singing, I was playing guitar and singing as well - and the highlight of the night was a newbie in town, Jules. Amazing. Amazing. Let me just emphasize this one more time...amazing. Tearing it apart on the guitar, singing his heart out - and playing some of the best accompaniment of all time. I played some originals that I haven't played in months, and they sounded the best they've ever been. Wow. It was a pretty early evening - everyone went to bed a little after 10pm. Gary was up at the crack of dawn, bags packed and I saw him off as he hopped in with Coki for the airport. Jamie and I had coffee club in bed, chatted a bit - then woke up Jenny for a surf. (Did I mention that my cousin Jenny is in town for a few days?). Tranquilo surf sess was followed by a trip into Parrita. Brett and Adam gave us a ride and we went to Ropa Americana {thrift store} for some cool goods and then lucked out with some badass earrings at a cheap little shop in town. Because we were with Adam and Brett we of course had to stop for beers...several beers. Got home, tuckered out - passed out for a half hour and now getting ready for an evening surf. If the waves aren't good - no worries...Roni's bartending tonight at LowTide and shes making her FAMOUS MOJITOS. It's my most favorite day of the week. Going to do some bowling across the street at Vago's but then rest up because tomorrow is a big day....SAINT PATRICK'S DAY! VaVaVOOOOM Pura Vida.



1 comment:

  1. OMG! Those puppies! I wish I could be there. love you.
    love julisa

    ReplyDelete