not all who wander are lost.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pura Fucking Vida.

Bah. So much so much so much. Karen and Bill Barlow arrived Saturday night just in time for fish tacos and then an early-to-bed night. Woke up at 5am, coffee club and then took Bill and Karen for a surf. They both know HOW to surf and Bill's pretty good, but they want to get better and become more comfortable in the water. Well, of course the waves have been small for a month and the week that they come in its supposed to be huge. Swell is filling in, and it looks like we are going ot have to find other activities to keep us busy. Anyways, successful surf session in the am and then Shawn left that afternoon. JamD and I hopped a surf session and then I was approached by the oh-so-talented Jules about playing music. Jules is from Canada and has been 'passing through' for some time now. In the past months he's been traveling around Asia and he's just a pretty cool dude that plays a meeeeeaaan guitar. Holy christ. Amazing. Anyways - we set up and played at Vago's for a wonderful audience, and we got paid in pizza and booze! PERFECT. Vago was pushing tequila shots at me all night, and silly me - I actually drank them!
Shit, I hate tequila.

But for some reason, I drank it anyways.

It was Karen and Bill's second night in town and I think that we all had a bit too much fun...godbless Brett aka Lagarto for driving us up the hill. I don't think I coulda done it. Wake up at 5am, waves are huge - Bill attempts to ride the bombs and Karen opts out. She made the right decision for sure. We had a delightful breakfast at Margarita's and then headed back to the house. Surfed again in the afternoon, some sloppy lowtide mush but atleast Karen was able to get in the water. JamD and I surfed the sunset session....bombing sunset session. I almost drowned twice because JamD is sooo goddamn funny. We are getting completely WRECKED by huge overhead sets and she has me laughing so hard I'm literally swallowing gallons of water everytime I'm getting worked because I cant control my laughter. Rushed back to the house because Jules was heading over to play some music and Karen was making dinner.


We had rice and roasted veggies with an outstanding peanut sauce, topped with some shredded coconut {thanks ma!} and then we had an amazing jam session. Bill plays guitar and sings and Karen plays the FLUTE. No bullshit. And absolutely outrageously talented. Wonderful dinner, Wonderful Jam, what next? CARNIVAL for the BULLS! Brett pulled up and in the car was me, JamD, Scottie and Tigre en route for the final day of the fiesta. Well surprise surprise, after a few beers Jamie is in the ring with the bulls {along with a handful of crazy drunk Ticos}. She never turns down a dare, so all it took was Brett saying “Go slap the bull in the ass” and she was off. From the stands I see this cute curly haired chica charging the bull, which is completely across the ring, and then slap the shit outta its ass! The crowd went WILD….she ran a lap around the ring and then charged the angry bull AGAIN and slapped it for the second time.

I was under the bleachers...close enough for some adrenaline, but safe behind the fence. JamD jumping on the fence, climbing for safety.

BAH. After that we hung outside of the ring and chowed down on some meat-on-a-stick. Drank some more beers then headed home.



We love meat on a stick!

Why are we drinking Pilsen? BAH : the devil.

Life is good when you eat meat on a stick.

Woke up 4 hours later, had some coffee and then headed down the hill for some surf. Well, waves were huge and all over the place so we walked back UP the hill for some more coffee and some pool/puppy time. Tonight is Mojitos @ LowTide and then bowling. As David would say…PURA-FUCKING-VIDA!

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEEEEE--QUAY----Puta

    You MOFO'S are on TILT.......Pelon

    ReplyDelete