not all who wander are lost.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yoga for Christmas.

It's been an emotional few days, and what I really needed was yoga. Yoga makes me feel at peace with myself - it is calming and energizing all at once, and it's a great way for me to connect with my feelings and understand exactly what it is that I'm experiencing and thinking. I sent out an email to Michelle {see blog below} to see if she would be up for a pre-Christmas yoga session. She happily agreed, and we had 3 other friends join us at her home in Ocean City this morning, Christmas Eve. Michelle always puts emphasis on a "mindful" practice...meaning that we aren't just going through the motions, one asana to the next, but instead focusing our practice and our energy on a certain thought, person or emotion. I instantly knew the thought that I would meditate on and I felt Michelle sending her love and energy in the same direction. Power of the mind and of the heart is such a powerful thing, and I'm so thankful for this mornings class - the peace that it brought to me and the love that it sent to my family. Thanks so much to Michelle for obliging my request and opening up her home on such short notice!

While I was doing some research online the other day I came across the CUTEST gingerbread - in the shape of yoga asanas! I printed out this photo and made it into a card for Michelle, and thought that I would share these with you. They are made by Patti Paige in NYC, and not only are they are great Christmas gift for your fellow Yogi or Yogini - but they'd be a cute gift year-round for any occasion!

http://www.bakedideas.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment