not all who wander are lost.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh Me, Oh My...OREJAS!




I know that I've mentioned it before -- and despite trying to "eat healthy", I simply cannot get enough of OREJAS. They are sweet, but not too sweet. They are delicious with your morning coffee, just right as a mid-afternoon after-surf snack, perfect dipped in some hot tea - or used as a spoon for vanilla bean ice cream. Soooo delightful. Atenas John introduced me to this highly-addictive, completely-unhealthy and ridiculously inexpensive treats. It's all his fault. Orejas are thin and kinda crispy...and some of them (depending upon the bakery) they are almost chewy on the bottom where all of the sugar has carmelized. Mmmmmm!!!

"Orejas” (’ears") are similar to Spain’s “palmeras,” France’s “palmiers,” and America’s “elephant ears.” The latin american pastry is flaky and sweetened and can look like either “palm leaves” or “ears.”


Atenas John, the ear-addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment